The "Haus zur Rose" is raised slightly above Speicher and is only a 4 minute walk to the train station. The house consists of two lavish living spaces. The 4 room holiday apartment is on the upper ground floor level. The owners live in the other living space.
Singles, couples, families, and business guests are heartily welcome. Upon arrival, you will immediately feel the comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. According to your personal preferences, you will soon identify the opportunities that provide relaxation, to partake in cultural exchange, and to participate in sporting activities.
The "Haus zur Rose" lies in the middle of Speicher and is raised slightly above the neighbourhood. The charming Appenzeller country side can be adored from its windows.
• constructed in 1811
• completely renovated between 2015 and 2016
The following rooms and infrastructure are included in the rental fee:
• 1 master bedroom with double bed
• 1 bedroom with two single beds
• 1 reading and playroom (with 5 person occupancy this room is also transformed into a bedroom for night time use)
• 1 living room with sofa, TV, and large dinning room table
• 1 fully equipped modern kitchen with induction range, dishwasher, oven, steam oven, fridge and freezer
• 1 full bath with shower, toilet, sink, flaunting natural lighting
• garden/outdoor shared patio with outdoor-kitchen, water fountain, trampoline and children swing
• 1 parking lot
The "Haus zur Rose" is smoke free. Pets are not allowed. Parties and celebratory events are not welcomed. Neighbourhood quite times are to be respected.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES
• Check-in, is between 17:00 and 19:00 o’clock p.m. (with the booking we will request the specific time of arrival, should it differ from above)
• Check-out, is at 10:00 o’clock a.m.
BOARD AND LODGING
For your comfort and convenience, the following options are available and can be booked in advance:
1. Breakfast in luxury Hotel Krone (just across the road, open daily for breakfast from 7 to 10 am)
• Adults & children starting at 13 years of age, CHF 18.00 per person; children under 12 years of age, CHF 10.00 per child. Breakfast consists of Coffee/tea, fresh bread and croissants, homemade jams, butter, cheese, cold cut specialties, homemade birchermüsli (a Swiss breakfast specialty made with fruit, berries, oats, seeds, yogurt and cream), yogurt, fruit salad and boiled egg.
2. Half board in luxury Hotel Krone (just across the road) • Adults & children starting at 13 years of age, CHF 73.00 per person. Breakfast consists of Coffee/tea, fresh bread and croissants, homemade jams, butter, cheese, cold cut specialties, homemade birchermüsli (a Swiss breakfast specialty made with fruit, berries, oats, seeds, yogurt and cream), yogurt, fruit salad and boiled egg. In the evening you will have a 3-course menu (4-course menu each CHF 20.– surcharge).
3. Swiss specialities served to you in your apartment
• Raclette: Adults & children starting at 13 years of age, CHF 25.00 per person; children under 12 years of age, CHF 15.00 per child. The Swiss classic with the best regional raclette cheese, served with steamed potatoes, silver onions, pickles and spices.
• Cheese fondu: Adults & children starting at 13 years of age, CHF 20.00 per person; children under 12 years of age, CHF 10.00 per child. • Cheese fondu is the most renowned Swiss specialty. Our secret recipe made from local Appenzeller cheeses is a must for every visitor to Switzerland. It is served with delicious bread.
Speicher offers a large selection of excellent restaurants with local and international cuisine and maximum 5 minute walk from the "Haus zur Rose":
• Aglio e Olio (13 Gault Millau-Punkte), Zaun 5-7
• Appenzellerhof Idyllhotel (Bio-Küche), Hauptstrasse 6
• Gasthaus Krone, Hauptstrasse 34
• Restaurant Pizzeria Adler, Hauptstrasse 2
• Restaurant Spycher-Stöbli, Hauptstrasse 28
In very close proximity between two to 15 minutes on foot, the following grocery opportunities exist:
• DABALOU, Crafts from all over Switzerland, Hauptstrasse 11
• Spar Supermarkt, Hauptstrasse 9
• Landbäckerei Speicher, Hauptstrasse 25
• Spycher Metzgerei, Dorf 5
• Bäckerei Konditorei Böhli, Hauptstrasse 21
• Appenzeller Fleisch, Hauptstrasse 21
• Zellerhof, Steinegg 2 (Family farm with home raised and made products, such as: milk, eggs, cheese, butter, honey, apple juice, bio vegetables from their garden, etc.)
• Braunwalders Hof, Hintere Ebni 10 (Family farm with home raised and made products, such as: eggs, pastas; pork, lama, and lamb meat.)
Address: Hauptstrasse 37, 9042 Speicher, Switzerland
Size: 95.0 m², 4 Rooms, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom
Beds: 3 Single beds, 1 Double bed
Prices: 120 CHF - 350 CHF / Night
More pricing information:
• from CHF 120.00 / night (1 person)
• from CHF 600.00 / week for 1 people (7 night stay)
• plus CHF 120.00 final-cleaning
• for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and a 5th person, the price is CHF 55.00 / adult per night
• children under 14 years CHF 25.– / per night
• included in the rental is: bed linens, towels, visitor’s tax, WLAN, TV, electricity, heating, water, parking spot, inside tipps and suggestions from your hosts.
• washing additional laundry is possible and will be calculated separately
• Long-term rental up to 6 months is also possible - we look forward to your request and are pleased to provide you with an offer
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT
A reservation is finalised when 50% of the cost is received in advance. The payment must be received at least 30 days before date of arrival. With your reservation, you declare yourself in agreement with the cancelation policy. The remaining amount must be paid at least 10 days before arrival or paid in cash upon arrival. Long-term rentals require a damage and security deposit. Please enquire for more information.
• Account name: Claudia und Roman Bottlang, Hauptstrasse 37, 9042 Speicher
• Bank: Migros Bank AG, Postfach, 8010 Zürich
• IBAN: CH91 0840 1016 2037 0570 1
Upon cancellation, the following calculation key is in effect
• Cancellations that take place up to 30 calendar days (up to 60 days for long-term stays of 1 month and more) prior the reservation is in effect, are completely refunded.
• Cancellations that take place 29 to 10 calendar days prior the reservation is in effect, 50% of the reservation cost with be billed.
• Cancellations that take place 9 calendar days up to the day of arrival, 100% of the reservation cost will be billed.
• In the situation of a delayed arrival or an early departure, the complete days that have been reserved will be billed
• 2 wardrobes equipped with hangers
• Coffee machine, water cooker, dishes, cutlery, and all necessary cooking utensils
• Spices and oil
• Iron and ironing board
• Laundry-stand and clothespins
• Books and tourism information
• Games and toys
The pretty town of Speicher lies in the pre-Alpstein region in the middle of the Appenzellerland. It is located in a spacious, wind-protected hollow. The area is prized for its mild weather, flaunts almost completely fog-free spring and fall seasons, offers incredible views from the Vögelinsegg look out and the surrounding walking paths, and is near the Speicherschwendi hamlet. In every season Speicher offers its guests a broad range of lovely possibilities for a meaningful holiday.
Speicher is a municipality in the central part of the canton of Appenzell Ausserrhoden in western Switzerland. Mentioned for the first time in a document dating back to 1309, Speicher has maintained its prominent location and gained attractive infrastructure. On the numerous hiking and biking trails you can explore the Appenzellerland extensively. Within 10 minutes you are on the motorway to Chur or Zurich, in less than 20 minutes by train in the center of St.Gallen. In 30 minutes climbing or hiking in the Alpstein or swimming in Lake Constance.
• Population approx. 4'500 people. Speicher’s
(within an approximate 10 minute walk)
• Multiple newly renovated playgrounds
• Cosmetic studios
• Evangelical-reformed and Catholic Churches
• Post office
• diverse array of restaurants including an Imbiss
• Auto-Mechanic and Auto sales
• Spar grocery store
• Doctors, Health and alternative medicine practitioners, Physiotherapie
• Dinner Theater “Kul-Tur auf Vögelinsegg”
• St.Gallen, 5 km
• Appenzell, 15 km
• Zürich, 90 km
• Zürich Airport, 90 km
• St.Gallen - Altenrhein Airport, 25 km
• The University of St. Gallen, 8 km
• Trogen, 2.6 km
• Austria, 30 km
• Germany, 55 km (26 km to the Romanshorn-Friedrichshafen ferry crossing, crossing lasts 45 mins)
TRAVEL DISTANCES WITH PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
• from the main train station in Speicher, the "Haus zur Rose" is a 4 minute walk, and a complete distance of about 270 meters.
Means of transport Indifferent of which means of travel you choose, your arrival will be simple and problem free.
ARRIVAL BY CAR
House to Rose remains easily accessible by car through out the whole year. You will find a general overview of arrival instructions on our map of the area. Detailed arrival instructions are provided by your route planner. Attention: In winter, inform yourself in advance about the current road conditions and adequately equip your car for winter driving conditions. GPS coordinates are, Latitude : 47.411803 | Longitude : 9.440426.
ARRIVAL BY STREETCAR/BUS
Twice every hour, and during the rush hours doubled, and regardless of weather conditions, you can comfortably travel to Speicher main train station enjoying the eye-catching picturesque Appenzeller landscape. https://www.sbb.ch, http://www.appenzellerbahnen.ch.
Speicher can also be reached by the Postauto, departing Speicherschwendi or Teufen AR. https://www.postauto.ch.
Once arrived at the main train station in Speicher, depart the station on foot to your left, walking on the “Hauptstrasse” towards St. Gallen. With in moments, you will see the Raiffeisen Bank and the Hotel Krone on the left side of the road and pass by the the Restaurant Imbiss Sonne and the Landbäckerei on your left. On the Hauptstrasse, a few meters past Hotel Krone, you will see House to Rose on your left hand side. Please cross the tram tracks carefully.
ARRIVAL BY AIR
Five airports exist in our proximity and provide for a comfortable travel into the Appenzellerland:
St. Gallen-Altenrhein (plus a 30 minute car ride) Zürich International Airport (plus a 60 minute car ride) Munich, Germany (plus a 3 hour car ride) Memmingen, Germany (plus a 90 minute car ride) Innsbruck Austria (plus a 2.5 hour car ride)